The first pier was built in 1916 and extended about 50 feet into the lake. It lasted only one year.  The second pier, built in 1917 was "L" shaped with the "L" headed toward the pump house on the west shore.  The CNoR engineers designed and built the famous 3rd "T" shaped pier about 1921.  It wa the the pier thatI worked on as a "Lifeguard'.